"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Monday, January 14, 2008

What we have been doing...

So far, we have gotten quite a bit done that I had set out to do with our list...We have gotten about half of our winter unit done...It's been alot of fun and informative as well... I have ordered a book from  Amazon called "The Big Snow" , which I hope comes this week so we can incorporate it in our unit this month...I also got "Mr. Popper's Penguins" to use...I found a free unit stdy to go along with it here. We are also gonna try and watch "March of the Penguins"  and National Geographics' "20 years with the penguins"  which the kids got for Christmas...


Tonight we watched the "Backyardigans" movie on Nickleodeon... It was pretty neat... I wished I had taped it as it would have been fun to watch later on when we were doing our unit on "Knights"... *L*  Oh well, i I could only figure out the VCR...*L*


Then, we sat down and worked on DS's  "Crystal Growing Kit".  So, for an hour after we placed the chemicals and the starter stone together, he came in and out of the school room watching...Trying to not miss a single bit of the growth...I hated to remind him it would be a week before we had crystal growth... *S* But he was so excited to watch it... Not bad for a $6 kit...


Well, I have to run for now... So much to plan and get going for the rest of this week... I worked this weekend and it always throws my Monday off after my work weekend... (I don't know why, I guess it's just a change in our regular schedule)...


Happy Learning!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a great week. My kids love making crystals too. We are hoping for big snow tomorrow. It just started snowing. I wish I had that book.

    Blessings,

    4sweetums

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...