"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, January 11, 2008

January's Little Hands Art group...

Today we had a lesson on Claude Monet... It was very enjoyable and informative...


Mrs. Linda did the lesson and she had several books with examples of his art work and comparisons of his work to others... Like the comparison with Renoir you can see here. It is of the La Grenouillere, or "Frog Pond"....


The kids got to do their own versions of his work.. Using black construction paper, brown and green crayons and white tempura paint, the kidlets created "Winter landscapes" by drawing with the crayons, trees mountains, and such and topping them with new fallen snow with the paint... It turned our really well...


You can find out more on Monet for kids here.


Happy Learning!!!

1 comment:

  1. THanks for the link. I'll definately check this site out. Art is my weak point, but I would love to be able to get the kids more familiar with artists' work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...