"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, January 3, 2008

Scheduling...

Every semester I try and write an overview of what we will be doing for the upcoming period... So far, I really haven't even started for this term, and we are "officially"  starting back to school Monday... It looks as if I will be spending Saturday afternoon and Sunday working on plans...


So, here is a rough draft that I have come up with so far...


We will continue to use Abeka for our math and language arts while supplementing with Follett Spelling2 and World of Language 2...


For science, we are using some Sonlight and some great books I have picked up with experiments...


For history, we are still doing the Story of the World... 


And then we are gonna do a few units along the way and some books from HSS and FIAR... (this is the best part of my kids day, they love the cuddle and read time) My kids like to do this stuff even on the weekends... which means they really enjoy it... (My 4yo dd asks to do school all the time)...


Topics to cover:


Winter (using a free unit study) and read the Big Snow (HSS)


Creation  (using some books and units from HSS & FIAR to go along with it)


We are doing this also in the Contenders class at our co-op with Dinosaurs...


the Great Kapok Tree


Night of the Moonjellies


Pocket Full of Cricket


Madeline (for DD)


Mike Mulligan and a unit on Knights and castles (for DS)


Looking at it in print makes it seem like too much even though we only use portions of it all and are sorta eclectic in our approach... But hopefully it will be fun for both of them and fun for me as well...


If you have a schedule for the next semester and units that you are going to do, I'd love to hear about them...


Have a great day and good luck in the New Year...

2 comments:

  1. homeschoolingmommaof4January 5, 2008 at 6:19 PM

    I think your list for the semester sounds good. I usually make a list of goals for the whole year and then make my plans by the month. Maybe I'll start posting my monthly plans.


    Have a blessed day!

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've got to come up with more books to read since the kids finished the reading materials I had last semester....That should be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...