"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What I'm reading now...

I, like millions of people, like nothing better than sitting down and reading a good book... It has to be my favorite pastime... I like nothing better than to curl up on the couch, under a quilt and read something... I am not particular in my preference for reading matter and sorta hang on the eclectic side... I tend to quote Andrew Zimmeran on eating: "If something looks good, read it"..*L*


Various authors from Max Lucado, Janet Dailey, Dean Koontz, Steven King, Robert B. Parker, Patricia Cornwell, to Andrew M. Greeley all being some of my favorites.. though lately I have sorta strayed off into the land of "self-help" and "guidance"... Which means the current topic for our house is how to make our homeschooling more productive and continue to be enjoyable..(which this has been on our list of goals, "to create a relaxed, fun, learning environment", since we started). My current reads are:


ADD and ADHD for Dummies 


book cover








Next on the list to read is " The Unprecessed Child: Living Without School" by Valerie Fitzenreiter... (if anyone has read this, drop me a review and let me know what you thought..


Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I just received The Unschooling Handbook in the mail, and will begin reading it too. Are you an unschooler, or like me, a wannabe unschooler?

    Stacie at http://love-2-learn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...