"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday!!!

Well, by now, I am thinking of my blog as my journal... A place to lay out the journeys and the experiences of my family and I...


Today was Saturday, and we got up somewhere around 8am and started the weekend... It's was a great day..
We did a little pick-up..(just the ususal morning stuff) and then went about our business... We did a few lessons (mainly some catch-up and let Dad sit in to see what we did). The kids enjoyed showing Daddy how our normal day usually goes... It was fun and the kids got in a extra day of school-work... *L*


Then we played in the pool .... It has been a great investment for us this summer.. My 4yo is swimming like a fish and my 7yo loves to snorkel...


Then off we went to a "Back to School Bash" that some area churches were hosting... It was great... Lots of inflatables for the kids to play on and hotdogs, popcorn, and cotton candy (one of my personal favorites)... and don't forget the snow cones... And the best part was, it was all FREE...I just love that word... It makes everything so much more fun... *L*  and did I tell you how dirty the kids can get playing on those things... Both of mine looked like they had not taken a bath in weeks and their soles of their feet were BLACK...


Well, it's off to get stuff ready for church in the morning... It's my day in "Children's Church" and I have the craft responcibility... We are doing the story of Moses and I thought we would make pyramids and do some picture searches..


Now if I could just figure out how to post pictures, I will post some of our day on the inflatables... If anyone can offer some advice to this non-techie, let me know..


Take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...