"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Monday, August 27, 2007

An end to a great evening???

OK... The game was great... the Smokies won 7-3...against the Chattanooga Lookouts... (YAHOO!!!)


There was one player whose name was Jorge and the crowd kept cheering Hip! Hip! Jorge!... (which was quite funny, until we start home and my kids chant it in the car for ~ 20 miles...(UGH!!)


But we had a great time and instead of hotdogs at the Stadium, my wonderful DH took us out to Smokey's BBQ in Dandridge... (a beautiful historic town in East TN, I will blog about it one day)... and we had a great meal and then went and watched the game... I had some "Yummy" onion straws... (my favorite part of the meal *wink*)


But when we got home we discovered a problem... Our bathroom drains appeared to be stopped up.. Rigth before we left, I began to drain the bathtub after giving my DD a bath... I never went back to check on it... and found that we had a bubbling of nastiness in my shower... So, it appears I will have to call a plumber first thing in the morning and our local one, charges $65 just to come out... Oh, well... win some and lose some... 


But I really should post my menu for the week as it is something I said I was going to do to attempt to make my week flow better... Have a set plan for dinner... So here goes:


Monday: (my meal was taken care of, good thing too, because we were having tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches)..*L*


Tuesday: Spaghetti with garlic bread and spinach salad  (homemade marinara)


Wednesday: MeatBall Subs (using leftover marinara) and home-cut fries..


Thursday: a pizza using a pre-made crust and let the kids top it, fruit salad, and ice tea (it's a late night for us as we don't get in from Karate and aerobics until after 6pm)


Friday: turkey burgers with purple onion, potato salad, and possibly some dessert if I can come up with something good, maybe a cheesecake I can make and let set in fridge..


Saturday: pork chops, apple sauce, and mashed potatoes


Sunday: Mexican pork tortilla wraps (using left-over pork)... I always make a couple more chops/chicken breasts to use for this.. 


Well it is getting late, so I must head to bed... Got a busy day tomorrow planned for school and DD 4yo is getting her "first" haircut... up until this point she has only had her beautiful golden locks trimmed... (I think I will cry).. But she hates to have it brushed and wants it cut to around shoulder length... Hopefully it grow out quick...


Good Night and Happy Learning!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...