"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, August 2, 2007

I feel so old!!!

Have you ever had one of those times when you really felt your age???


Well, tonight was mine...*L*


One of the classes at our co-op (CONTENDERS FOR THE FAITH) was having a back to class / get aquainted activity... It was a great idea... Except for the fact that it involved a physical activity...One which I hadn't done in years... (and I mean years)...*L*


What may you ask, could be that bad??? Well, it was ROLLER SKATING... the  kids adore it... and I did too when I was 20years younger... But my 30-something, plus-size body doesn't do well on 4 tiny wheels and some broken laces...


But I had a great time and I managed to stay upright... More than I could say for my wonderful DH... He went down twice... and I tried not to laugh..


The kids had a great time (so much so, that my 4yo. cried not to leave) and I definitely think the next time I take them skating, I will not sit and watch, but enjoy myself and relive my youth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...