"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Sunday, August 12, 2007

Perseid Meteors

Well, tonight we tried to have a lesson in Astronomy.. It didn't work out...


The Perseid Meteor shower (which started Aug. 9th) was supposed to be at its peak tonight... At 3am, I am up looking out into the sky... (with telescope ready)...


NOTHING....I saw NOTHING.... The sky itself was dark, but very cloudy and overcast...


 But at least I didn't wake the kids...*L*


 

1 comment:

  1. I went out Sun night around 10. (This was after me and the kids were out looking for an hour with no luck.) So anyway I went back out to show Gary Mars-as it manages closer and I saw 2 shooting stars.

    I was pretty disappointed myself.


    I went back out Monday night and I noticed alot more clouds, I only saw a few starts and could not even see the big dipper.

    maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...