"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, August 16, 2007

Our adventures come to a close for this week...

Today was Friday...


We didn't get to finish all that we had hoped to do this week... We had some unforseen problems... (the fridge on the fritz and my pregnant sister had some complications, which thankfully have resided for now)....(THANKS TO THE GOOD LORD FOR THE BLESSING HE HAS GIVEN HER and HER HUSBAND) !!!


So this week, we have been working on the book Abuela's Weave... (as I had mentioned in an earlier note)... We have been doing a mini-lapbook type activity to go with it... So far, we have done a color wheel, which my 4yo DD loved and we have talked about the classifications of birds...(written out by my 7yo DS)... we've visited Guatemala in the globe and colored maps and flags... We've also discussed similie's and DS wrote out some examples from the book...and lots of other things... We;ve talked about mass production and the culture in Central America... We worked on more conversational Spanish, "how are you, what's you name, the days of the week, God bless you"...etc...


We also had a few bible verses that we spent some time on... Dealing with kindness and the Golden Rule...(Matthew and 1 Samuel)


I've also begun planning some other things for the coming weeks... I'd like to do something with the "Very Busy Spider" for my 4yo and then maybe something on "Sharks" for my 7yo... (his favorite topic lately)... And we are going to start an "All about ME" unit and talk about the human body some more... (I just bought a great new book from Sam's on the Human Body and it is in great detail, but on a level that is right for the kids to understand)...


I only wish I could have taken them to Davy Crocketts cabin yesterday or today as they were having a celebration and then maybe to Panther Creek Park for another wildlife class... But I think there will be plenty of time in the future for those and this was one week where the fact that homeschool can be done around any schedule really worked for us...


Well, off to bed... I think we are going to take the kids to a "Back to School" bash tomorrow... Hot Dogs and Inflatables...Woo-Hoo!!! (they will love it and it will be a fun surprise for them)...


Happy Learning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...