"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, August 31, 2007

Our Friday Field trip..

Today was Friday..Productive and fun it was!!!


We got up, had a breakfast of French Toast and did our morning chores... (making the beds, the daily load of laundry and running the dust mop)... then we did some workbook pages and had a spelling test... Not too bad for before 11am...


Off to the library we went after completing all our things at home... We use the Knoxville library because it is bigger and offers more to us... the fee for being out of county is only $25 and I am able to check out 36 books for up to 6wks at a time using my teacher card... plus I can order what I need online and then pick it up at the branch that is most convenient for me... Well worth the small investment..


On our way, we stopped at a yard sale, where I found some great items... A set of "princess Mega blocks" BRAND NEW!! and a 1000 piece Puzz 3-D puzzle of an Alpine Castle... (also BRAND NEW!!) I really lucked  out and spent only $1.50 for my treasures... (and each child was happy with their "new" item...


Then after stopping and picking up our miscellaneous books, we decided we had time to play around, so we went downtown and took a tour of the "SUNSPHERE" ...













Sunsphere


It was built as a theme structure for the 1982 World's Fair (symbolically representing the sun) and has been several things since, including a restaurant, offices, and empty... Recently it was reopened to visitors and is completely free to see.. It has a observations floor on the 4th floor that has a lot of interesting facts about Knoxville and history on display in pictures and the view is incredible...


The kids loved it as did I...


We had lunch at Mickey D's... (I really am not a fan, but it was close)... and then we headed back home..


Too be continued.... *G*


1 comment:

  1. I'll have to remember that if/when we get up to Knoxville. I remember the World's Fair in Knoxville!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...