"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Monday, August 6, 2007

A NEW YEAR!!!

Today was the first official day of our new year... It was a good one... I think we have gotten started off on the right foot...


We are going to be using Unit studies for science and history and then breaking down the language and math into K-4 and 2nd grade..we are also going to try to do a lapbook or two...


The kids are really looking forward to doing experiments and making more crafts this year... and I am too...


We have joined an Art group... named "Little Hands"... it is a group of pre-K to 2nd grade homeschoolers.. We will be learning about misc. artists and their styles taught by a different mother the first Friday of every month... This will allow us to continue throughout the month... And then we are also beginning to do a classical music study... I am playing different composers' music during seatwork time... My DS says it makes the dreadful "writing in cursive" go by faster...*L*


Well, time to hit the hay... and we'll see how in the morning goes... Wish me luck, time, patience, and more organizational skills than I currently possess...


Peace and Happy Learning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...