"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Ugly Duckling...

Took the kids to see a play of the "Ugly Duckling" yesterday... It was a take on the original by Hans Christian Anderson and it was funny but so true...
The main theme was that it's hard being different. A strange egg showed up in Mama Duck’s nest and hatched and a very ugly duckling was born. After many failed attempts to "fit in," the ugly duckling set out on a journey to find his true place in the world. He ended up coming to the realizization that he has to love himself before he can find out who he really is.

This rang so true for me and I think it got across to my kid;ets ~ that true beauty and happiness comes not from anyone else but from yourself and inside you.  This is one of the most important lessons I want my kidlets to learn that they have to love themselves and find happiness in "WHO THEY ARE"... So often in our society/culture happiness and beauty is thought to be on the outside or what you own or possess... I don't want that for my kids ~ I want them to know true joy and happiness that can be bought or manufactured...

This morning for our devotions,  we discussed what we had learned from the play and looked at these verses ....

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."   1 Peter 3: 3 -4

"I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live." Ecclesiastes 3:12

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. "  Ecclesiastes 7:14

 and my favorite verse of all Phillipians 4: 11, where the main idea was to be CONTENT ~  " for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

 There is a great study guide that can be found to go along with reading the "UGLY DUCKLING" and you can get it FREE here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...