"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, February 25, 2011

The Muscular System ~ Week 1

We started out our week by finishing a project that I hadn't gotten around too last week...

Photobucket

Yes my son is trying to be a wizard in this photo... He wore the bandana all week ~ coming to school as a stage coach bandit, a wizard, and a motorcycle man... (another great thing about homeschooling, creativity never wans)

Then we started our reading on the muscular system...
We learned the body has 604 muscles and that they make up approximately 40% of your body weight.

The gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the body.

The Masseter is the most powerful muscle and the eye has the most movement... we discussed REM sleep, how muscles pull instead of push and that if all your muscles were to work together at once they could pull over a semi-truck...Photobucket

Learning how our muscles work up and down like an inch worm moves...

I love using this Apologia series... I'm reminded everday when we open up the book ~ that the human body is such an amazing thing and what an awesome creator we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...