"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Taking the time to bake...

I'm in a baking mood this week... even though I am coughing my head off and feel yucky ~ it does give me some comfort to have a delicious, warm pastry to munch on.

So, I got out the old recipe book (the one that is filthy from the dirty little hands (not mine ~ but my children's ) looking through it and with the tattered pages.

It is the one that I made myself with recipes that we have tried and love ~ and I treasure it!!!

I made Cinnamon Twirls and they are sooooo yummy!!!

Photobucket

Ingredients:
2 cups warm water
2 packages yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 beaten eggs
6 1/2 cups flour
filling: 1/4 cup melted butter
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
glaze: 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp water or milk


In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon.�

When the yeast begins to bubble, add the eggs and then beat in the flour.�

Knead with mixer or by hand.� Let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 45 minutes).�

Roll into a large rectangle.� Pour 1/4 cup melted butter all over the rectangle.� Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the butter.

Fold the top third of the dough over the middle.� Fold the bottom third over the middle.� Cut into 1/2 inch strips.�

�Twist and place on greased cookie sheets.� Cover and let rise another 30 minutes.�
Bake 375 degrees for 14 minutes.� Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle with glaze!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...