"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Monday, February 21, 2011

31 Days of Prayer..

I have been participating in the "31 Days of Praying for Your Children"....

I did this sometime ago with a prayer calendar from ParentLife Magazine. This time we are using this prayer calendar as our guide...

The goal of praying for our children is that, whether a mom or dad, we as parents can make a huge impact on our children's lives by interceding for them daily in prayer. They are faced with so much temptation and we as parents can help fight spiritual warfare for them by lifting them up daily in prayer.

Today is Day 9 and our prayer today was:

Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone as Your Word commands. (1 Peter 2:17a)

Being respectful of everyone is something that I think is lacking in our society today and I'm not sure what the root of it is.

Disrespect and intolerance is everywhere ~ in our families, our churches, our workplace, our world. I wish that we could take just a moment and earnestly seek where all the discontentment, unhappiness, and hostility towards others comes from~

My wish and prayer today is that I can be an example for my kids and that they will grow up to love, pray for, and serve others with respect and kindness. Every time I think about respect for others I think of another Proverbs verse ~ (yes, it's one of my favorite books in the bible)

Proverbs 11:16
A kindhearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth.

If you would like to participate ~ feel free to look it up on Facebook or click on one of the links above for a calendar guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...