"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Sunday, February 6, 2011

FRUGAL FINDS... (my shopping trip to RiteAid)

I have been having fun becoming more frugal... it has been like a game ~ a treasure hunt for me...

I went to Krogers earlier in the week with my grocery list ans coupons in tow and left the store with $117 in groceries with only $32 out of my pocket...I was thrilled and so was my husband and my budget!!

So, I saw where my friend Melissa had went to RiteAid.. and some of the things she got where things that I buy on a weekly basis.  Our closest RiteAid is about 45 min. away, but I was going there for my kids basketball game and thought I would just stop in and see how it would go.

Well, I came out with $25 of items and only spent $9.31 out of my pocket... not bad and certainly worth the few minutes it took me to get my list together and stop by...

Photobucket  Yes, I know I bought quite a bit of candy, but it's to make an edible cell with the kids for our Human Anatomy class we are doing...

4 comments:

  1. I love Rite Aid! I went Friday I spent $19. $5.88 out of pocket and earned back $6 for my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use coupons? I have never saved that much but my daughter in law seem to do good saving with coupons. They usually do not have coupons for the things I buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOO!!! I love getting money back for return trips!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I just recently started using coupons and I am loving it... It only takes me about 30 extra minutes each week when I make my lists and that's for the grocery store, CVS, and Walgreens...
    I'm really enjoying it ~ it's like a game and I save money to boot...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...