"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, November 16, 2007

Our first time playing the CVS game...

I have been reading about for some time the great savings to be had by shopping at CVS and using the "extra bucks" system...But I had never taken the time to actually try it myself..


So today, I sent by my husband (on his way in from work)  with the list, the coupons and the CVS card..


Here is how we did....



I only bought items that we as a family would use...(and yes, I love my soda)...



So here goes the breakdown...


2 Hersheys Chocolates 2/$5 ($3 extra bucks)


2 Colgate toothpaste $1.99 each ($1 off 2 coupon)


2 Ocean Spray Cranberry sauce $!.29 ea. (B1G1F)


Palmolive Dishwashing liquid $1.49  ($1 extra bicks)


2 Dimetapp Cough  $4.99 each ($1.50 coupon x 2 and $5 in extra bucks)


plus we had a $2 off a $10 purchase coupon from CVS


then we used the extra bucks we just made and bought 4 - 12pk of Cokes (4 / $12) and also had another $2 0ff $10 CVS coupon...



 


We bought in $35.03 items before taxes and paid $9.45 out of pocket... and have $3 extra bucks for our next purchases... Not too bad for our first attempt...



If you would like to check out more on this, check out CVS 101 : www.moneysavingmom.com/2007/09/cvs-101.html



7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great savings. I just got a coupon to transfer a perscription for a $25 gift card. I will have to try this too.

    Blessings,

    4sweetums

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law shops all the time at CVS. I didn't really take much notice of this until she brought my mother-in-law the nicest, softest, most lovely robe I've ever seen. I would have easily believed it came from some expensive department store like Belk's. No--she got it from CVS! Now that we aren't "sickly" I think I'll try this out, too. THANKS for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shop at CVS, but less often than Walgreens due to proximity. This program might make it worth the extra drive!!


    Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this link. I am always looking for ways to save money, especially around the holidays.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. consider yourself tagged! Head on over to my blog for the rules!


    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/doehillhomeschool/430287/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend who has been doing this, but I haven't tried it yet. Sounds very promising and you saved a lot of money!


    I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!


    God bless you ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, CVS is a great place to shop!! The ECB stuff does take a bit to "work"...especially if you make a list with your deals and they are out of something you need for your list.

    But, we have gotten alot of stock up stuff for next to nothing..or even nothing(!) by using this program!


    Walgreen's is also good...though a bit different than CVS.


    Have fun!!!


    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...