"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chocolate Chunk waffles...

Well, it is safe to say that home-made waffles have become the kids favorite breakfast.. Definitely worth the $15 investment for the waffle iron...


This morning I had a request for "chocolate chip" waffles (as DS described them, "like the Waffle House has")... now that could be tough to live up to...


Well, first of all, I had no chocolate chips, but 2 mini-Hershey bars left over from Halloween took care of that...


Here is the recipe I used... (it's actually my pancake recipe, just altered a little)



  • 2 eggs

  • 2/3 cup milk

  • 1/4 cup melted butter

  • 1tsp. vanilla ( I eyeball it)

  • 1 1/3 c. flour

  • dash salt (another eyeball measurement)

  • 2 tsp. baking powder

  • 1 tsp. sugar


I beat the eggs then add the milk, butter and vanilla into them... then I add the dry ingredients and mix well... then I add then crushed Hershey bars... (using a hammer on the candy bars awas certainly a stress reliever)... *L*


then cook in waffle iron and serve warm with syrup... YUMMY!!! 


and then EAT them!!!


 





2 comments:

  1. homeschoolingmommaof4December 5, 2007 at 7:53 PM

    Oh I think that recipe will make my boys very happy! Thanks for sharing it. Btw love the grinch music playing.


    Have a blessed day!

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...