"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, October 5, 2007

October Little Hands Art group : Hokusai

This month was my turn to lead the class... I chose to use the works of the Japenese artist Hokusai who was famous for his works with etching and the "Views of Mt. Fuji" prints...  


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We started the class by looking at a map of Japan and discussing a few things that the country is known for.. Then we practiced saying "hello" and "goodbye"  in Japenese... then we got to the "FUN" part the actual etching...


First we used clean styrofoam trays and etched our drawing (of each kidlets choosing) into the tray using "chopsticks"... (staying with the "Japenese" feel)... After etching our pictures, we painted the outlines with paint....






Then we placed a piece of cardstock over the top and used a small roller to transfer our image onto the paper... I think they turned out quite well... and my DC were very pleased to show them to daddy when he came home this evening...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...