"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Tuesday, December 11, 2007

School for us this week...

We are taking it easier this month because of the holidays and I want the kids to have the opportunity to enjoy the season and really appreciate what it is really a celebration of...


We are going to be finishing up "The Quiltmakers Gift"... we started it last week and the kids have really enjoyed reading it...


We are doing some "Gingerbread" math... I have a website that will generate math worksheets with the Gingerbread theme... We are playing a really cool game where we roll dice and based on what we roll, we draw parts of a Gingerbread Man... The kids are loving it... It's actually math that my 4yo and 7yo can do together... I just use 2 die instead of 1 for 7yoDS and let him add them...


We are working on the continents for my 4yo... and just reviewing them with my 7yo..


We are reviewing "stars" for science... And discussing the North Star... and the Northern Lights.. We  are reading a great book called "Children of the North Lights"" (I was amazed when I looked this book to buy becuase my kids love it, over $300 US)... and Norway, Sweden, and Scandanavia...


We are learning some Christmas related vocabulary words and doing our regular spelling list this week...


DD is doing some cut / paste activities with plants and animals...


and then we are gonna play the rest of the week by ear.. (like baking cookies, having a playdate, and just snuggling and reading books together)


Happy Learning!!


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are planning a wonderful week for your children. Making memories around the holidays is the best way to do school. We are also taking it easy this month. I'm having my girls read Christmas books and do Christmas projects. They are loving it!


    I'm interested in your gingerbread game. Could you please send me the link? My girls would love that.


    Blessings,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice when you can wind down on school and just do some fun things, especially for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...