"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Living Christmas Tree

Last night we went to a performance of the "The Living Christmas Tree" at  Thompson Boling Arena... It was incredible... I think there wasn't a dry eye in the whole arena at certain points of the performance... I know DD and DS both enjoyed it and actually sat quietly and paid close attention to the different scenes through the life of Jesus...


It covered the hustle and bistle of the holiday season and how we should not forget the purpose of the holiday which happens  to so many today... The focus of the story of course was the birth of Jesus, moments in his life, the "Last Supper" and then events leading up to the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ... Also included was his many miracles like healing the blind to see and raising Lazurus...


It was wonderful and the music / singing was exceptional... I would hope that anyone in the East Tennessee area would take advantage of the "free" opportunity to see this production next year...


Merry Christmas!!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in on the contest fun. I enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lived here all my life, but I've never gotten off my dohunkus to go see that. Every says it's great. I have an older friend who went to see it with her WW2 veteran husband this year. He'd never seen it. He's not the kind that cries, either. She said, "He sat there and tears flowed down his cheeks, IN PUBLIC!"


    Her testimony and yours settles it. Next year we're going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to one in our area (ok, an hour's drive) a couple of years ago and it was amazing! Glad you got to go to yours! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...