"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Frustration in child rearing...

Yes!!! The good Lord knows... It has been one of those days...


First, I let the kidlets sleep in... I figured they were probably exhausted and needed the rest, because we have been on the go lately with the holidays and things to see and do while celebrating the Christmas season...


Then we had a HS friend and her kids over for a playdate... My kids were terrors!!!


I mean totally terrible!!! My son who is 7yo and normally easy-going and fairly well behaved was mean, smart mouthed, and just a bad boy... My 4yo who is a typical little girl whined much more than usual and cried for what seemed like most of the day...


I was embarrassed by their behavior and felt terrible for our guest whose children were behaving ... I just was at my wits end ...


So, after they had left... I put my kids in the school room and made them write sentences about their behavior and then we discussed the behavior and the consequences... I also discussed with this being so close to Christmas, how bad behavior can wreck havoc on future presents and priviledges through the holidays...


I think I am going to check out the book "Creative Correction" by Lisa Whelchel from the library... I tried to read it a while back but never got finished with it, as something always seemed to come up...


If anyone has any ideas for how to deal with days like this, please share them!!!


Thanks for Listening!!


 

1 comment:

  1. We all have had days like that..My daughter I had to get her attention by taking her home from cubbies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...