"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning!!!

What can I say??? We have had another wonderful Christmas... So many blessings to be thankful for this year...


Last night after we got home from our Christmas Eve party, we started our traditional Christmas routine..the kids opened their one gift (which is always new jammies) and then we had hot chocolate and got out the cookies and milk for Santa and the carrots and apples for the reindeer...then DH sat down with the kids in his lap and read "The Night before Christmas" to them... They were so excited, I was afraid they wouldn't sleep...


Then this morning, they woke up fairly early, around 8am... and woke me up... (pout, I was sleeping really well too)...


We opened gifts and had so much fun just seeing what everyone had gotten for each other.. and this year DS made little gadgets for all of us from DH's workshop... he had spent lots of afternoons out there piddling and playing and came up with some cute little "nuts and bolt" animals for each of us... I made my mother, DH, and MIL a scrapbook mug from Starbucks (thanks to Melissa C. for the idea) which was a real hit!!! 


DD got some new ballet clothes which she wore on and off throughout the day and DS built Lego masterpieces all afternoon...


A wonderful holiday spent with family in the warmth of our home.. on Christmas day...where there was lots of eating and lots of wrapping paper flying in all directions...











 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...