"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You might be a homeschooler if.....



...you have administered a spelling test from the bathroom
...you have 2 maps hanging in your living room and a white board hanging in your dining room
...you have to explain to the park ranger that your children are not skipping school but are working on a hands-on nature study
...you actually LIKE your own children and couldn't imagine any other way of life than being able to spend as much time as possible with them and consider that a joy
...your bookcases look like the reference section of the library
...you load your dishwasher in between teaching fractions and geometry



5 comments:

  1. Lol, does a spelling test from the Kitchen while making dinner count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!

    Two maps in the living room ~
    A white board in the kitchen (in my case) ~
    A timeline running down the hallway walls ~
    Science experiments on the kitchen counters, in the cabinets, and even in the fridge ~
    Works in progress all over the place ~

    Ahhhh, the list could go on!

    I have never given a spelling test from the bathroom, though! Maybe while folding towels ... :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian Unschooling » Getting to Know MandyMom...

    I found your entry interesting thus I've added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeschool Scheduling Help!...

    I found your entry interesting thus I've added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...