"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, August 6, 2010

The Homeschooler's Journal

Since it's that time of year when all homeschool families start getting ready to keep up with all the info we have to record, I thought I would share one of the best finds I have ever had!!

Every year, I try something new when it comes to a planner.  In the past, I have bought planners (that were never what I needed). I have printed out forms and calendars an made my own with a 3 ring binder (too time consuming) and then I tried to wing it one year with just a notebook...

Halfway through last year, I came upon this, "THE HOMESCHOOLER'S JOURNAL" ... It is wonderful... I ordered one to try through the spring and summer... It has everything I need in one small thin package...and is less than $10... (which is a bargain if anyone has priced planners lately)...

The journal contains a daily (Sunday through Saturday) subject log for over 200 days, a field trip logs,  check-off list for yearly requirements, a calendars through the 2012 school year,  semester objectives/resources pages,  and it's covered with a spill proof plastic cover and spiral bound...

I use mine not as a planner but I actually record what we do each day... I find that this helps keep me more on track, since I can look back and see what we actually did, not what we were going to do or had planned on doing...

Plus, it has circles to fill in for the day~ so if you have school on Thursday but skip Friday and want to do some on school, it doesn't matter... Just fill in the circle with the "S" for Saturday...

There is a section with each week for notes, so you can make a note if you need to review something the next day or if you did a project with your unit study...

In the back is a section for "Educational Supplements" ... I found this the best part of the journal... I can list all the movies, books, etc. that we use with each unit study... I love that,  since it makes it easier for me to keep up with...

There is also a test score keeper sheet... and a check off list of MD appts. like when each student needs their physicals, eye exams, dental check-ups etc...

and for those of us who have to test yearly through our state or umbrella program, here is even a place for that to be kept up with...

I love using this ~ no wasted space and a perfect record keeper!!!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...