"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday...

Well, we are almost done with our first week of school and I must say that it is going well.. The kids are waking up by themselves without much prodding... I seem to be the one that is having trouble with the morning rise n' shine... But I am going to work on it...

We've only been doing the 3R's and Bible this week, but tomorrow we're going to start a new Download N' Go unit that the kids are really excited about, which is why we are getting started on Friday instead of waiting til' Monday... *LOL*  Which is wonderful to have them so eager to get going..

Which brings me to the question? Have you checked out the Download N' Go series yet? It is wonderful... The excitement of a unit study without all the work and prep that goes with it.. You can check them out here... There are some wonderful titles to choose from..

But I am honestly very pleased with our week so far... My 10yo DS even told me he is liking English this year, which is a complete turn around from last year... I'm glad the Rod& Staff has grown on him...

Well, off to print out some mini-books to use with our new unit tomorrow...

Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...