"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Co-op is starting...

Well, summer is officially over... Tomorrow is the start of our fall co-op semester... I'm looking forward to it and at the same time dread it...

I really like the idea of the kids seeing their friends weekly and taking classes taught by someone other than myself and I really enjoy the opportunity to be out and have adult conversation. But the commitment of every week and the thought of how much of our regular school we miss because of it makes it almost bittersweet.

I have been considering and praying about the spring semester and looking at taking it off and just enjoying that 4 day school week and having Fridays to take field trips or just to kick back and relax and play...

So, this year I am teaching:

American History (Know Your America) starting with Columbus and early explorers and ending wherever we can...

Assisting my friend Michelle with a class called Grammar Punk which should be really fun...

And assisting my friend Kathy with a vocabulary class...

Well for now the backpacks are ready,the clothes are laid out, and lunch is planned... Time to hit the hay, another semester of co-op starts tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words!! I hope you have a great first co-op school day? Where do you co-op? I have umbrella under Trinity In Knoxville.

    Paula@ www.lovebeingamom-paula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We umbrella under Berean in Knoxville and go to CHEF co-op at Magna View in Jefferson City...
    How was your first day homeschooling? =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...