"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Sunday, April 20, 2008

Time to kill...

Well, today was a great day... I had to work a 12 hour shift, but we only had 1 baby which left me and my co-working BFF lots of time to get other things done...
So, I started on my summer HS plan and also got a jump on our schedule for next year...


It seemed to fly by, partially because I didn't have my 2 kidlets asking me all sorts of questions and I guess that I have finally become more relaxed about our homeschool life... I hope to get several lapbooks done and work one some notebooking this summer...


Beginning in May we will are going to start Thundercake.... Thunder Cake


and you can find a unit from HSS here...


Then we will begin the Water Cycle using a unit I found here...


Next on our list is Storm in the Night... Storm in the Night


and you can find resources for this here... 


I am also using the Evan Moor Science Book  pages 235-237 (light) p. 114-118 (the five senses) and p. 200 (clouds) ....Giant Science Resource Book: Grades 1-6


I have a few library books on the list also to go along with these studies...


Down Comes the Rain (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)                  Flash, Crash, Rumble, and Roll



 


 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like some fun unit studies.

    Blessings,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...