"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Monday, April 28, 2008

How we are going to spend our summer...

We have decided on our plan for summer... we are going to continue with school but make it less tense and more fun by incorporating lots of ideas that I have been gathering from other blogs on the Wazley Academy ring...


[funschool2.jpg]


The kids are really looking forward to doing just some topics that they want too, and I am looking forward to just relaxing and feeling like everything is going to get done... (sometimes during the school year, I get that tense, worried about what they are learning feeling)... I am hoping that is a common feeling shared by many homeschool moms...


It's that guilt that we feel, where we are torn by wanting to be like "SuperMom" and just getting the laundry done... where we want to make sure the kids are enjoying school, but at the same time learning what they should be...


So, we are hoping this will combat those feelings and allow the kids to stay on a scheulde somewhat, but still enjoy their summer and actually leanr when they think they are jusy having fun...


Happy Learning!!

2 comments:

  1. I think that having "Fun School" in the summer is a great idea. Even though we take the summer off, we still end up doing some kind of lessons here, just for the fun of it. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are taking the summer to learn about Geography, Map reading, etc. I am planning to "bury treasure in the yard" and let them find it with a compass and a map. I love summer learning, because I feel like the pressure is off. I hate pressure, and I understand excatly where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...