"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse...

                               http://starryskies.com/The_sky/events/lunar-2003/columbus.eclipse.html   


Driving home from the game tonight, I get a call from my mother.."Did you forget the Lunar Eclipse tonight?"   Well, uh, yes... I did...


So, we pull over into the parking lot at the Pilot and hop out and gaze up at the sky... Luckily for us it was only 9:56pm... so we had just made it...


We were able to observe the eclipse (which seemed to last forever, but I think that was just because it was chilly and we were standing in a gas station parking lot looking up at the sky, while other people thought we were nuts, I am sure)... *L*


The kids loved seeing the "orange-red" tint... and I myself was very happy to have not missed it, as the next one won't be visible in the US until 2010...


Eclipse Diagram


1 comment:

  1. We were happy to see it too. I much more convient time than the middle of the night.

    Blessings,

    4sweetums

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...