"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our first family opera experience...

Last night I took the kids to see an encore presentation of the Metropolitan Opera performing Mozart's "The Magic Flute"  on the big screen... It was a fabulous performance!!! It was done in English and had subtitles so the kids could understand the story behind the singing...The kids loved the costumes and the huge puppets, and stage backdrops were wonderful... We went with some homeschool friends and had a great time... The kids enjoyed the performance and it was a great way to introduce them to opera in the comfort of the move theatre...



Prince Tamino and the Dancing Bears...


Magic Flute


Sarastro at the temple..


the magic flute


Papagano and a swan...

1 comment:

  1. are some colorful characters! Glad yall had fun!

    I went to my first opera when I was in grade school too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...