"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August Book Bag from Teacher Book Bags

I have been chosen as a reviewer for Teacher Book Bags... I like their products and look forward to the opportunity to review them and share what I think with them and others about each product..


For the lst few weeks, I have been reviewing the August Book Bag 2009 (1st-3rd grades)...


August Book Bag 2009 First-Third


It is really a great product... Each book bag offers something different for that particular month or season... They are a great way to add more to your monthly / thematic studies or to add something new to workbox systems... focuses on six main areas. First, you and your child will explore seasonal adaptations and the reason for seasons. In the math section, there is practice graphing and place value skills. Incorporating a seasonal theme, you play games to practice short vowel words and punctuation usage...Gail Gibbons is the selected author/illustrator of the month... then an investigation into the seasons with studying the art element of color...Handriting practice and copywork skills reflects on "monthly" character trait: truthfulness.


The graphics are excellent... The literature selections are right on target for the age group  and my 6yo daughter and my 9yo son are thoroughly enjoying  them... and I must say that Gail Gibbons is one of our favorite authors, so seeing her in the spotlight is also great...
The information on the animals is concise and informative... And as you can tell, I am truly loving the World Explorer section... My daughter loves the Teddy Bear math (scoring big points in her  rating system)... All in all, a tremendous value and well worth the price for all  that is included...   


These can be purchased from Currclick or from the Teacher Book Bag site directly (where you can find other great book bag products also)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...