"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, August 13, 2009

Book Buys!!

This year, I am budgeting monthly for homeschool purchases... So, I have been waiting to go to McKay's (our local used book store)   until the middle of the month so as I would be able to buy books if I found great prices... Here's what I came out with...I found some great book buys while out today running errands...


Here's what I got:


For 75 cents to a $1.50 each, I got Magic Tree House Research Guides for:


Photobucket

 Rain Forests  (Afternoon on the Amazon)


American Revolution (Revolutionary War on Wednesday)


Polar Bears and the Arctic (Polar Bears Past Bedtime)


Ancient Greece (Hour of the Olympics)


Pilgrims (Thanksgiving on Thursday)


Twisters and other Terrible Storms (Twister on Tuesday)


Knights and Castles (The Knight at Dawn)


 "Consider the Following"  by Bill Nye The Science Guy for 75 cents... (a way cool set of science questions, answers, experiments, and ideas to ponder)


Photobucket

"Can it Rain Cats and Dogs" questions and answers about weather by Melvin and Gilda Berger for $1.50


Photobucket

"The Warrior and The Moon"  spiritual stories for children of the Maasai (which I have been looking for forever!! for $2.50


Photobucket

and last but not least... "Great Americans, The Life and Times of" Ben Franklin and George Washington for $1 each...


So I am pretty happy with my book buys this month!!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a message...