"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, August 13, 2009

Carschooling...

Today, I had some errands to do, so we took advantage of the opportunity to do some "carschooling" ...


 


Each child has their own 'lap tray'. They provide a hard surface for coloring/school activities and a flat surface when eating in the car that I got for $2 each at the Family Dollar Store...


 


Then we started out... I had packed a CD of classical kids music and a DVD of the Magic School Bus in Space... (hoping to kickstart the kids into excitement over the Meteor shower)


 


The kids completed their math sheets, each completed their HWOT assignment, moving on to sentences for DD and a daily gram sheet for DS... Then they worked on their notebook assignments for Mesopotameia and colored their sheets while listening to the classical music...


 


On the way home, they watched the Magic School Bus video... and ate their snacks (which I had also packed) and drank water from stainless steel water bottles that I got from Walgreens which were on sale for 3/$10 ... I'd like to get away from using plastic, mainly for our health since alot of studies have been coming out lately showing that plastic water bottles can leach harmful chemicals into your water when they are heated or washed...


 


We had a great trip and we still got school completed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...