"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Sunday, June 8, 2008

VBS commencement...

                                                            Outrigger Island color logo     


Tonight was our commencement for VBS... It was great... The kids really had a good time this week at VBS and we had 2 of the older kids come to know the Lord...HALLELUJAH!!!


So all the classes did a little performance or rectied things they had learned this week... Our class, the 4-5 yr. olds sang a song and did a little dance to go with it....


After the commencement, we all gathered in the fellowship hall for desserts.... The kids had a wonderful time and are so prooud of the things they learned and made this week... and the sugary snacks also ranked high up on the list...*L*


And I guess one of the things that I loved most was the motto, which I am going to use this summer for some of our Bible studies... And one of the older boys who attends church with us, proved this motto this week to me... I had bagged up some of DH's clothes that he could no longer wear (yes, he has gained some weight, *G*) and I had given them to this young man since they were still in good shape...My DH had left $41 dollars in one of the pockets, (which lasted through the washer and dryer)...This young man brought me the money and siad he had found it in the pocket, we never even knew it was there... His honesty stuck with me and really helped reinforce this weeks motto for me...


KNOW THE TRUTH, SPEAK THE TRUTH, LIVE THE TRUTH.....


Have a GREAT WEEK!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...