"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, June 5, 2008

No time for blog...

Finally some time to get caught up on our blog and what we have been up to....


It seems that lately we have been running so much, that I feel like a hamster caught in a wheel...*L*


Our weeks have been filled with karate 2x a week, Soccer practice on Thursday evenings, 2 baseball games a week plus a T-ball game a week and then the soccer games for both kidlets on Saturday morning...I mean WHEW!!!


and then this week was VBS at our church...


Beginning last Saturday (the kick-off cookout for all the kids) , our pastor (who is also a police chaplain)arranged for the area "Rescue and Search" dog teams to come out for the kids...There were 3 dogs with their handlers and they did several little run throughs for us and they had "trading cards" with the dogs pictures on them for the kids... They took my DD headband and let the dog sniff it and then pick her out of a line of all the kids..It was so cool...The dog (a hound, just like Jed Clampetts) came right up to her and tapped her on the chest... She wasn't too sure about that though...*L*


For our week of VBS, DH and I taught the 4-5 yr.old class... It was lots of fun... They are such little sponges, totally absorb everything that they come into contact with... they knew the motto before Wednesday... this years theme was "Outrigger Island" and was really cool....


And last but not least, we got our pool up again for the summer...YEAH!! I think we have decided to wait on getting a better one til' next year... With the economy and gas, you never know what the future is going to hold for family finances...But the pool we got last year is 12' x 3' so I think it will do just fine... and the kids certainly love it...It has been record temperatures for this time of year here and when it's 90 degrees and above, all I want to do is swim...*L*


So, that's where I have been and hope everyone has been enjoying the summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...