"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Sunday, June 8, 2008

Camping with the kidlets...


This week I am challenging myself... I am taking my kidlets camping by myself... We are going to Elkmont in the Smoky Mtns. to see the "Synchronized Fireflies" . which is considered to be a "modern day phenoman" as they were once only thought to be found in Southeast Asia... I tried to get a spot for the weekend, but it is booked a year in advance for this time of year due to the immense number of people from all over the world that come to see the fireflies...


So, I decided to be brave and take my kids myself... We leave Wednesday and are going to stay until Friday evening... I will update everyone on how it goes...Just pray that I don't forget any necessities and that I can actually get tent set up...*L*


You can check out more on the fireflies here.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!

    That sounds like lots of fun. Be safe. and Enjoy your time in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braver than I. Hope yall have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...