"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tightwad Tuesday...American Heritage History

Yes, it's a Tightwad Tuesday... and today I have a website for you to check out...


www.americanheritage.org


It is an excellent resource for a free,  factual, American History curriculum...I received my CD a couple of weeks ago and just got around to looking at it this weekend... I really like it... It is for middle  / high school level, so it will be a while before I get to use it... *S*


This is what is said about the American Heritage Foundation from their website...


"AHEF is a non-profit, non-partisan educational foundation dedicated to the understanding and teaching of America's factual and philosophical heritage to promote constructive citizenship and Freedom, Unity, Progress, and Responsibility among our students and citizens.


AHEF accomplishes this patriotic mission by writing, producing, and distributing FREE K-12 lesson plans to teachers, students, and families in all 50 states and through additional initiatives, programs, and partnerships."


Now on to what we managed to do today... I did well with drinking more water... I took my vitamin, but I had a burger at Wendy's today, YUMMY but definitely not calorie free..*L*  And have you heard about the salmonella outbreak in the tomatoes? Well, there was big sign up at Wendy's about no tomatoes being served... I think this will really help some of the area farmers here as they are smaller scale farmers and this will be a boost to the tomato crops in this area.. Last year things were sluggish due to drought... ( I live in the "tomato" capital of Tennessee, we even have a "Tomato Festival" every year..)


DD had ballet again today... then we went to a friend's house and went swimming... what a wonderful way to spend a hot day... *G*  


We did manage to get in some school... We played Monopoly Jr. and then read some stuff on "FIREFLIES" to prepare for our campling trip tomorrow... you can check out some of the info we found here.


Well, I am off to finish packing for our trip... Have a great week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...