"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, April 14, 2011

4H Demonstrations

Today was “Demonstration Day” for our 4H 4Him Club.

This year the 5th grade had to do a demonstration pertaining to their chosen projects.

This was DS second year doing a demonstration and he was excited to talk about his project this year ~ POULTRY !  (I am sure that you are just as excited as I was about this topic, but he has been on Cloud 9 since we told him he could have chickens)…

He was much calmer this year about doing it and I think it was mostly because he was talking about a subject that he truly loves and is enjoying learning about. In the end he received a purple ribbon and an invitation to the county competition.

DSCF3975  

DS getting started with his demonstration on “CHICK CARE”

   DSCF3976

Explaining the importance of using good feed and proper equipment.

DSCF3977  

Here’s his friend Peyton doing a demonstration on football calls.

Some of the others were ~

DSCF3978   making lasagna

DSCF3980   how to compost

DSCF3981    making a smoothie

DSCF3982 making a homemade bag

They were all great and I can’t believe how much work and effort the kids put into them. GREAT JOB!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...