"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Power of Motherhood…


I’ve been reading a book called the “Power of Motherhood”…
It’s a wonderful book that is truly about the wonderful, blessed life of motherhood… it has truly helped me see that what I do is a blessing not only to my family, but to me from God.
The most important ideas to me from this book so far has been that “nurturing” I the most important job that God could give me and that I need to “feed” the lives and souls of my children daily with warm words, touch, and affirmations. How my attitude and the atmosphere in our home affects my children’s minds and eventually their futures. And how to “JOYFULLY” embrace motherhood, which is something I need to work on ~ especially on those days when I think I can’t take another minute of the noise or one more argument over toys.
I pray that God will give me the wisdom and guidance I need and help me in the areas of motherhood that I struggle with ~ patience, temperance, and lifting my children up as they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...