"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Saturday, March 12, 2011

Friends of the Library Book Sale..

Nirvana for the book lover or the homeschool mom on the hunt for resources for the next year…Which I am both…
I went to our local (45 min. away) “Friends of the Library Book Sale” today and did I ever luck up…
It was being a kid in a candy store… I was in heaven!!
                                         DSCF3779
I bought 48 books and spent a whopping $10… yes it was $5 a box and I had my 2 boxes loaded…
                                          DSCF3780
  I got some great paperbacks like:
What you should know about the American Flag”
Hans Brinker 
Adventure in Alaska
Journey Home
Mississippi Bridge
On the Long Trail Home
DSCF3781              DSCF3782
And some fantastic hardbacks like People and Places, America’s Story, Earth and Stars, Numbers and Discoveries (all great books from Southwestern)
“What your 6th grader needs to know”  ED Hirsh (Core Knowledge series)
Several books from the “Cornerstone of Freedom” series
Lots of books on different countries from the“Enchantment of the World” series
and several  of the “NewTrueBook” science / geography series
 The Connecticut Colony (The Thirteen Colonies)  The New York Colony (Thirteen Colonies (Lucent)) 
These two were $33.50 each on Amazon and are brand new!!
Yes, I am doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new picture at the top of your blog. Was this the Knox County Library sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    It was... It started on Thursday ~ but books were $1-2 then, so I waited until Saturday to hit it...
    Thankfully, I was called off from work, so I had the time to go and shop...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...