"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 22 ~ 31 Days of Praying for My Children

Day 22 - Father, teach my children the secret of being content in any and every situation. . . through Him who gives them strength. (Phil. 4:12-13)

I’ve not posted my thoughts on every day of prayer,because there are so many ~ but this is one that really speaks to me. My word for this year is “content” and Phillipians 4:11 is my favorite verse. It speaks to me and reassures me that no matter what may befall me, if I look to “HIM” ~ all things will be taken care of, my strength will come from him and I will persevere.

I want my children to know that peace and to be content in their lives. They may not have the newest, greatest, latest items out there ~ but it’s ok… I want the, to be thankful for not only the blessings, but for the trials… Happiness doesn’t come from possessions, wealth, nor achievements. Happiness comes from somewhere inside and from a relationship with the creator.

My happiness is a gift. I want my children to know that theirs is too. And that it’s something they should treasure.

I want my kids to refute greed. To stand firm in their convictions. To look evil in the face and deny it a foothold.

My prayer today is that God would grant me the wisdom to teach this to my children and to help me lead them to a higher path ~ to reassure them that being content is more important than the all the riches of the world and that their happiness can be found inside…

ftm_hands2a   "The Praying Hands" by Albrecht Durer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...