"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, January 20, 2011

The "Be My Valentine" challenge...

I love the "Women Living Well" blog... I enjoy and learn from the all that I read as I go along this path of "Christ follower", "wife", "mother", and "friend"... No matter what label I fall under at that time ~ I can find some understanding and encouragement there...



Recently they implemented the "25 Day Praise Plan" since it is 25 days til' Valentine's Day... Each week the challenge will be the same - to praise, encourage, inspire, admire, build up, thank and appreciate your husband. Each week a different ways to express your praise will be assigned. And you can tweak it for what you think is best for your husband.

I know as women we really think of ourselves at Valentine's Day (and most holidays) ~ and it's so easy to do that...   but according to Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."   We should put others before us and especially our mate.

So Week 1 is ~ Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on facebook, tweet it - get praise out anyway you can!
Photobucket

Some of the wonderful things about my man are:

1. He loves me and my flaws. And he doesn't leave for work in the morning without kissing me (even though I am usually still asleep)

2. He is understanding when I am achy and tired and I just want to cry because I feel so bad physically. 

3.He doesn't care if the house is a mess or immaculate. If dinner is home-made or grabbed together...

4. He is an excellent father

5. He has a HUGE heart

6. He is kind

7. He lets me steal one of his pillows at night

8. He tries hard to help in the house (even though it isn't how I would do it)

9. He is an excellent provider and gives us everything we need ( and most of what we want)
 10.  He is my friend

 

 



"Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day."

 




2 comments:

  1. I like that! I need to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Welcome to Our Home! » Blog Archive » The “Be My Valentine” challenge… [...]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...