"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Monday, October 27, 2008

Stellaluna...

This week we are doing Stellaluna...
We spent this afternoon reading the story, dicussing a bat's sense of smell and where bats are found...Bats are found pretty much everywhere in the world except for the polar regions...To let the kids see how strong a bats sense of smell was, I tied a bandana around each child's head and let them sniff certain household items to see if they could tell me what they were (I used cinnamon, vanilla, bleach, a dryer sheet, mouthwash, lotion, and peanut butter)... They did pretty well.. Another of the projects I planned was to make origami bats... It was very easy... We just followed the directions found
 here and this is what they looked like when we were done...


 



Photobucket
ORIGAMI BATS
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...