"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tournament of Champions

Did you ever have one of those nights when you knew that all the work was worth it?


Well, tonight was one of those nights for my husband and I ...


Our son who is 7, has been playing coach-pitch baseball this summer and has been playing 3rd base... He has had to learn all the in's and out's, but has progressed quite well... Tonight was the end of the season tournament for his division. His team, "THE CUBS" were to play a team from another area of our county... Well, it was a slaughter... The other team had larger, more proficient, and more determined players... (Basically our team was just happy to be there..*L*)  We lost with the game being called in the 4th inning with a score of 26-5... But our little guys were not disappointed... They were just happy to have the opportunity to play and enjoy themselves... I personally thought this was great, but little did I know that I would have more in store for the evening...


After the game, we went to a locally owned restaurant (one of only 2 in the area)... and there was one of the players from the other team and his family... My son walked over to him and his family and held out his hand and congratulated him on their win... I was so proud, I could have cried... These are the moments that I homeschool for... To know that I am able to teach him to be courteous, a good sport, and a great little guy...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...