"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, February 12, 2009

YUMMY CUPCAKES!!

Photobucket

These are the cupakes I made to share with friends at co-op for DD's birthday.. They were yummy and we had them as dessert after lunch...


I make the buttercream frosting using this "no-fail" recipe:


2lbs powdered sugar


1 cup Crisco


1/2 c. water


1/2 tsp. salt (dissolve in water)


1tsp. vanilla flavoring (use real vanilla)


1/2 tsp. butter extract (or you can use almond if you prefer that flavor)


I mix it in my stand mixer (it is hard on hand mixers) and then use a gel color to color it... It turns out great everytime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...