"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Calgon take me away...

I'm not sure if the FlyLady should send in reserves or I should just take a bubble bath...*L*


I don't know about others, but when my house is disorganized, I am out of sync..


I am having one of those weeks this week... I can't seem to get things together and actually get some housework accomplished..


My poor DH says, "Don't worry about it"... but he thinks that the house will be here even if you can't walk on the floor for the dirty clothes...*L*


But I just have trouble getting my school life in order when I feel the need to be doing housework also... It is very troubling for me to be in disarray like this.. I just didn't stay on top of it this time...


And to make things worse, do you ever read blogs that you wonder "What am I doing wrong?'... Where they seem to have everything under control all the time??  I love to read these, but sometimes, I think they make it harder for me to try and get things done, because I think well, so and so, does ok with this, why can't I get it all accomplished?


Well, if you have any thoughts on this, drop me a line... or if you have any tidbits of wisdom in the house cleaning / organization area, let me know... I feel like I am drowning in clutter today...*L*


Calling all SuperMOMs for help...

3 comments:

  1. I am afraid to invite people over...because WOW, it could be a lot better. And I am happy when the kids have socks on and 90% of the time they do not match... But, it's okay! It is really OKAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a magic answer, but I can say that there are definately seasons where we are on top of things and seasons where we aren't. Don't give up! Maybe schedule a 5 minute "declutter a room time" after each subject. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is one thing that I hate it's a disorganized house. Unfortunately--mine is CONSTANTLY disorganized. I can't keep the living room picked up for 10 mins straight--EVER! It's so disheartening. However, my friend who also home schools gave me this bit of advice--It doesnt' matter how clean your house is as long as your kids are happy and healthy. Now that's good in theory. LOL, but I'm almost afraid the house is going to get condemned one of these days. Laundry piles up, Dishes pile up, and I'm tripping on the toys. I recently found a book Called the Parenting Breakthrough by Merilee Browne Boyack. It's so funny, so DOWN to EARTH, and so dead on. It's about training your kids to become independent. And about getting them to do their part. Even dealing with their grumbling! It's worth a shot. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...