"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Saturday, November 20, 2010

Operation Christmas Child...

Every year my church has a drive for Operation Christmas Child..  Our family loves having the opportunity to fill boxes and send them to brighten the world of children around the world... For the last 2 years, my best friend, Tracy, has came over and we have packed our boxes together to include in my church's ministry drive...

    My friend Tracy with the kidlets...

 Operation Christmas Child is a shoebox ministry of Samaritan's Purse...  The mission is simple ~ 

To demonstrate God's love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Just last year over 8 million children received gifts from Christian families through the shoebox ministry... and since 1993, 130 countries have been blessed with these small gifts.. Through these small gifts, children come to know the love of Jesus Christ and the love that we have for them... Imagine what a wonderful sight to see a smiling happy face on a small child who has know more suffering and heartache that most of us will never know...  Here is a video about the ministry...



I truly believe that God will see that each of these boxes will go to the one child that needs it's contents...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...