"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Making frugality easy!!!

Photobucket

 Recently I was given the opportunity to review Molly’s Money - Saving Digest for October and being the frugalista that I am, I jumped at the chance, and I can say I was thoroughly pleased with what I saw and learned from this digest.

Molly is a long-time money saver and frugal mommy. She has great ideas and offers them up to share.

I always had thought I did pretty well at frugal living, but Molly has definitely helped me in more ways. She offers simple, completely doable ideas with links to other creative ways and frugal sites. Her suggestions and helpful tips on cooking, finances, home décor, and so much more are gonna keep me using these monthly installments for a long time.

In the October issue, Molly begins the issue with a brief discussion on Fall and things that it reminds us of in “Molly’s Minute” and then heads into some great fall recipes that are sure to save you and your family money and keep you full and satisfied. She shares her favorites along with some warm ways to use up that left over Thanksgiving food. And I can’t wait to try her slow-cooker “Texas-style Chili”.

Next she offers up advice on what is on sale this month and how to get the most bang out of your buck when shopping. And October is the time to stockup on candy for some Christmas stocking stuffers!!

The monthly holiday list is great for me as a home-schooling mom, since my kidlets love waking up to some unusual holiday that we may never have celebrated before, like October 10th being National Angel Food Cake Day… I can count on some great fun that day with Angel Food cake as our snack.

Her tips and tools for organization are a plus this month because it is the “laundry room helper” and what mom doesn’t need help in that area? Well, Molly has it covered with some great ideas for stain removal and a fantastic checklist. And for those of us who don’t already make laundry detergent, she has included some great recipes to try that will really save money in the laundry room. “The Kid’s Corner” features some great laundry inspired activities that can be used not only to save you time, but also instill laundry knowledge in your kids. I mean, what mom doesn’t want or need help with the laundry?

I am always looking for crafty ideas to use when decorating or have gift giving coming up, and I love doing it economically. Molly has a great idea this month for wall art that I am going to be using not only for my home, but as Christmas gifts this year for several on my list using inexpensive canvas’ from Big Lots and road maps.

“In the Kitchen with Molly” has some great menu ideas and comfort food for the cooler fall weather, as well as, more money saving ways to use up those great left-overs.

But my favorite sections has to be the “Something Old - Something New” section. In the October edition, Molly shares how to make a dress out of two shirts and a spare belt. I can’t wait to try this for my daughter who is the budding fashionista.

Molly’s Money - Saving digest has something something for everyone and for those who are finding it difficult in the economy well worth checking into. Her frugal tips and great ideas are definitely helpful in saving my family and others time and money. In reviewing this for The Old Schoolhouse, I have found that I not only need to subscribe to Molly, but I can definitely find more ways to save just by doing so and the savings are definitely worth the small subscription price. Making saving simple - what more could I want?

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a message...