"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jiu-Jitsu ~ good for ya'

My kids have been taking karate for the last several years and loved it... their instructor decided to branch off  more in to the jiu-Jitsu area and recently has became an all jiu-jitsu training facility... well, it has definitely became the sports love of both of my kidlets...

They have been to several tournaments and recently we had another one with a belt promotion at the school... They both placed 3rd in their divisions and my hubby and I both as thrilled as they were... even though I still have trouble watching at times (fear of pain) it is wonderful to see them compete at something they love and something that is not only good physically, but has so many other benefits the main one being "SELF DEFENSE"... In jiu-jitsu, it's referred to as being the graceful art, because size doesn't matter ~ technique is key!!

You can find out more about the Gracie method of  Brazilian Jiu-jitsu here...  

      Libby in action...

 Tommy making the moves...

 She worked hard for her trophy!!

 DS and some of his friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...